Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Apple Mac Tools for DMs

A quick brain dump of the tools I'm currently using to manage a 4e D&D campaign I'm starting in the Forgotten Realms on my Macs:



  • Bento: it's a pretty neat way to store information about NPCs, locations, maps and so on - cook up a custom format and load the information in.

  • PDF versions of the books: they fit in your laptop, they're searchable and you can cut-and-paste from them into your own documents (for personal use only, obviously).

  • Devonthink PRO to organise the PDFs and other documents in a useful way. I'm not sure I'd buy this just for D&D, but since I own it already for other things, it's a great way of organising them.

  • Pages: to prepare player hand-outs.


Something I don't have is a suitable mapping tool. I might have to sucumb to Campaign Cartographer on the PC, I don't know.


No comments:

Post a Comment