Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oh my god! They killed FR, you bastards!

Getting back into D&D with 4th Edition after an extended absence starting about the time that they moved to third edition is deeply amusing: I started way back in the days of AD&D 1e and was always slightly disconcerted by the changes made to the Forgotten Realms setting as part of the transition to 2e. I don't even know what they did to accomodate 3e in the Realms - 3e became too much like GURPs for me, with too much flexibility and overly complex rules. Now, as part of the transition to 4e, they're changing all sorts of things again and a good segment of the fan-boys are up in arms. Again. To the extent that ignoring their rantings bemoaning the changes - as yet only hinted at - on forums is hard work.

Guys, they ruined the realms with all that nonsense about the Time of Troubles, ok? That was fifteen years ago. Get over it.

Anyway, I'm going to do what I always do with settings: keep what I like and ignore the bits I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment